The system is designed for setting up bus-bar systems with rated currents up to 5 000 A and short-circuit strength up to 200 kA.
The body of the DELTA bus support is made of high-strength plastics based on glass fiber-reinforced polyester composites. The rigid support enables vertically oriented copper or aluminium conductors 10 mm thick to be perfectly fixed at a spacing of 120 mm. Two metallic bolts M10 thread are provided to tighten the supports and fastening them to the structure. The DELTA bus-bar support is manufactured either in the three-groove design to carry three conductors in phase, – this is Type DELTA 310 – or in the two-groove or single-groove design, types DELTA 210 and DELTA 110, respectively. The product features a high mechanical, electrical and thermal strength.
The density and arrangement of the DELTA bus supports should be such that the static bending load of a support due to the gravity of the system and the dynamic tensile load of the support due to short-circuit current will not exceed the permitted limits. The recommended densities of the mounted
bus-bar supports with their spacing (X) are given on the following pages in order to facilitate and simplify the design. This spacing respects the mechanical properties of the entire system during static as well as dynamic load. The data are usable provided that the following basic qualitative requirements are complied with by the manufacturer when mounting the product:
- The bus-bar supports should be mounted at a spacing not exceeding the recommended maximum value (X). The supports should be fixed to the distribution facility structure so strongly that a short-circuit dynamic load will not bring about any deviation of the system axis from its direction and the permitted dynamic tensile load will not be exceeded.
- Make sure that the weight is uniformly distributed among the individual supports, especially for the rather heavy two-conductor and threeconductor systems. We recommend installing at least a pair of supports in each assembly bay. The area in the dividing plane between the mounting units can be used with advantage to install mounting couplings. Disconnection of the bus-bar system mounting couplings during transport or installation will not bring about any change in the static load situation of the bus-bar supports.
- In horizontally oriented systems the metallic bolts of the supports are stressed by tensile or compression load. In vertically oriented systems, any excessive bending load of the metallic bolts should be eliminated.
- We recommend that, when installing two or more conductors in phase, conductors be combined into bundles, viz. by a common screw connection of the phase conductors typically at one-half of the support spacing (X). Such mechanical connection of the phase conductors by means of a clamp made from a steel bolt will limit repulsive forces between the conductors in a short-circuit situation and affect appreciably mechanical strength of the bus-bar system.
- For aluminium conductors, combination of the conductors into bundles is recommended as a prerequisite for a high-quality structure.
Declaration of Conformity
DELTA Series bus-bar supports conform to the requirements of technical standards and regulations – TP 2002103, ČSN EN 6060243-1/99, ČSN EN 60695-2-11/01. The product has been certified by EZÚ, Pod Lisem 129, 171 02 Praha 8, Czech Republic.